Solus 2018 news highlights
As 2018 comes to a close, we are looking back on what has been a significant year for Solus with several key milestones. Here we highlight our news over the last 12 months.
New product launches
Our most exciting news was we launched two new products this year: Solus One Listeria and Solus One Salmonella. Both products provide next day results while also delivering all the great benefits of the Solus Pathogen system. We are delighted to announce that in December AFNOR granted Solus One Salmonella NF validation for the detection of Salmonella in the following categories: ready to eat, ready to reheat (excluding smoked products), heat processed milk and dairy products, and egg products. Solus One Salmonella is also certified by AOAC for the detection of Salmonella in selected foods and environmental samples. Solus One Listeria is certified by AOAC for detection of Listeria spp. in environmental samples. Learn more about Solus One products.
In August we announced the opening of our first overseas operation, Solus Scientific Solutions Inc. in the USA. As our US customer base grows it is important to us to have a dedicated team in place to look after them. Learn more about our US facility.
In 2018 we had some significant customer announcements:
- Q Laboratories, one of the world’s foremost microbiology testing laboratories, implemented the Solus One Listeria testing protocol into their suite of microbiology service offerings. Read the full detail here
- ALS Marshfield (USA) added Solus Salmonella and Solus Listeria to their scope of accreditation. Read the article.
- ALS Rotherham (UK) described how they implemented Solus Pathogen Testing System at their pathogen laboratory. They show how this has helped them increase their testing capacity whilst also reducing costs and saving space. Learn how here.
We published several technical articles to help you work more efficiently with our kits:
- A comparison of agar confirmation options for Listeria.
- What is proficiency testing and why is it important?
- Choosing the right pathogen testing method.
- BPW vs ISO BPW, what’s the difference?
- Incubation parameters are key to success.
- How to avoid positive control failures.
- Listeria detection in cheese.
We hope you have had a productive 2018 and we look forward to working with you next year.