Solus One Salmonella for next day detection in cocoa products.
Extension to scope
Solus One Salmonella has recently been granted an AOAC PTM extension to scope to now include cocoa products in our validated matrices.
We are extremely proud and excited to have achieved this extension and we are looking forward to helping our customers expand the range of products that they can test using the Solus from PerkinElmer Pathogen Detection System.
Solus One Salmonella was compared to FDA Chapter 5 and ISO 6579-1:2017 for 375g samples of cocoa ingredients and finished product and was shown to have a performance equivalent to that of the reference methods.
The full process from enrichment to negative or presumptive positive result can take as little as 22 hours and, with the option of running the assay either manually or by automation, customers can enjoy a flexible approach to testing that fits with other work being carried out in the lab. With standard confirmation testing, positive results can be available a day earlier than molecular methods.
To see the full list of matrices approved by AOAC for Solus One Salmonella, view the certificate here.
- Next day results.
- Positive confirmation possible in additional 24 hours.
- Highly efficient automated assay, significantly reducing technician hands on time.
- High sample throughput can be achieved with a single instrument.
- Ability to cope with fluctuating sample volumes and capacity to grow.
- Excellent sample traceability when using the on-board bar-code facility.
- Small instrument footprint maximises bench space.
- Compact packaging reduces cold storage space requirement and packaging waste when compared to other methods.