What is the OD450 value?
- Solus assays result in the production of a yellow coloured result
- The OD value is measure of how much of the yellow colour has been produced.
- The concentration of colour produced is proportional to the amount of pathogen that was present in the sample.
- Results are expressed as Optical Density (OD450) measurements using a microplate reader with a 450nm filter.
- Assay acceptance criteria are detailed in the relevant pack inserts.
- The value of the blanking well (usually A1) should always be subtracted.