Questions & Answers
Kit components are supplied stabilised and ready to use at working concentration. Only the Washing Buffer has to be diluted 25 times in deionised water. Each kit contains sufficient material for either 1 or 5 x 93 determinations, plus controls. The kit expiry date is displayed on each product label.
- 1 or 5 x 96 well microplate (in breakable strip format). Wells are coated with antibodies against the target species
- Negative Control (Green label). 3ml in working dilution. Contains diluent with preservative.
- Positive Control (Red label). 3ml in working dilution. Contains heat-killed target organism in diluent with preservative.
- Conjugate (Orange label). 11ml in working dilution. Contains horseradish peroxidase-antibody conjugate in diluent with stabilisers.
- (Blue label). 11ml in working dilution. Contains 3,3’,5,5’-Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB), hydrogen peroxide and stabilisers. Solution should be clear or slightly faint blue.
- Stop Solution. (Yellow label). 11ml in working dilution. Contains 10% sulphuric acid.
- Washing Buffer Concentrate (25x). 6 x 10ml. Contains 0.25MTris-HCl/3.5M NaCl/ 1.25% Tween 20 and preservative, pH 8.0.
- Refrigerator at 2-8°C
- Deionised or distilled water
- Growth media
- Solus One Listeria
- Solus Listeria
- Half-Fraser broth
- Fraser broth
- RELM selective broth
- Solus Salmonella
- Buffered Peptone Water
- Rappaport-Vassiliadis Soya (RVS) broth (we recommend Solus RVS as it was specially developed and optimised for the Solus system)
- Measuring cylinder for 250ml or 1L
- Sterile 10ml test tubes suitable for selective enrichment culture
- Stomacher (or similar apparatus) and bags
- 3ml transfer pipettes (sterile)
- Test Tube for sample boiling (e.g. 5ml Polypropylene rimless test tubes 13x75mm*)
- 25ml universal tubes for reagents*
- 3ml tubes for controls*
- Vortex mixer
- Incubator at 37±1°C
- Incubator at 30±1°C
- Water bath or heating block (capable of heating to 85- 100°C)
- Pipettes and tips (1ml; 0.1ml)
- Microplate washer or squeeze bottle
- Microplate reader with 450 nm filter
- Autoclave for decontamination of samples
- Solus One Listeria
*These can be supplied by Solus as part of our automated system.
This list is for running manual ELISAs. Please see our Solus DS2 information to see if automation may be the best option for you.
Solus Scientific provide highly efficient screening systems which test for the presence of pathogens in food and environmental swabs. Using proven ELISA technology, Solus Salmonella, Solus Listeria and Solus coli O157 are ISO 16140 certified by AFNOR and are available in a choice of well formats.
The kits are kept chilled in our facility but dispatched at ambient temperature. We suggest the kits are refrigerated as soon as possible after delivery to preserve the integrity of the reagents.
- The kit and any unused kit components should be stored at 2-8°C. DO NOT FREEZE.
- Any unused diluted wash buffer can be stored at 2-8°C for up to 10 days.
- Any unused microplate strips should be returned to the foil pouch with the desiccant sachet and the seal closed completely, then stored at 2-8°C.
Some strains of Salmonella enterica subsp. arizonae are not detected by the Solus Salmonella ELISA method.
The sensitivity of the kits is 1CFU/25g if used correctly.
The positive control bottle in each kit contains a heat-killed sample of the target organism, i.e. Listeria, Salmonella or E. coli, in diluent with preservative.
- This will depend on a number of factors such as the typical types of samples being tested and the country that you are testing in etc.
- Many UK labs use Salmonella Nottingham for IQC tests
- For advice on your individual requirements please contact us on 01623 429701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org